top of page
Background Intro
Under the guidance of Prof. William Russell, I learntMax software and put it into practice. I attended class in the first two weeks. In the third week, I used what I had learned to complete the interaction work.
Preliminary ideas
Preliminary ideas for the final project include 6 schemes (all 6 schemes are of solid light sensors + operation with PC)
屏幕快照 2018-12-06 20.18.20.png
Degree of Realization
New functions added include allowing the mouse to track the trace to find piano playing order by key, introducing the js code to control the judgment order. Touching different gates of the touch sensor will trigger different results.
Time efficiency

7.12 Seven schemes and implementation methods for each of them.

7.13 Six functions, which have been initially debugged on Max software and require the teachers’ help.

7.14 Arduino code was used to control light switch, distance sensor, two touch sensors, etc.

7.15 Made sound effects.

7.16 Completed video production complete with Arduino code integration.

7.17 Completed the outer packaging; tried to add functions with js (failed); finished the final demo mode.

7.18 Solved the js problems, debugged, adjusted the outer packaging art, and wrote the summary.

Due to limited time, the visual part of the work is collected from movie clips.

About Fonts
I lacked knowledge of fonts back then, which was a big weakness of mine. In the beginning, I tested 6 fonts and the font in Figure 4 ranked No.1 in feedback, as it was in line with my initial feelings.
After turning in the project to the professor, I received criticism that the project was “too ugly”... The reason stated was that the serif typeface was like a typical fairy tale style, and had been overused. Most Americans are very disgusted with this European style (personal point of view). In short, the teacher suggested studying Adobe fonts, directly viewing foreign websites, and referring to more examples for basic theoretical basis.
Keep working
bottom of page